Alzheimer’s disease is a common neurodegenerative disease in the elderly. It is usually caused by some neurological lesions that lead to shrinking and atrophy of the brain and destroy cells in it significantly. The disease usually causes unstable behavior and impairment in the patient’s behavioral and social skills. The biggest challenge with this disease is that it is not yet fully curable.
Over the years, hundreds of drugs and treatment plans have emerged that stimulate the affected areas of the brain and make the patient’s symptoms minimal. Clinical trials have proven that acetylcholinesterase inhibitors help stabilize the patient’s mental performance and significantly slow down Alzheimer’s symptoms by preventing the breakdown of acetylcholine, and brain chemical believed to play an important role in memory and thinking functions.
At the moment, with the great development in the therapeutic and pharmaceutical fields, doctors have reached the best treatment methods for Alzheimer’s, which we at Snow White Clinics in Turkey, which can be summarized as follows:
- Our specialists offer non-surgical treatment that uses state-of-the-art transcranial pulse stimulation technology to improve the quality of life for patients with mild to moderate-grade Alzheimer’s disease, and is one of the most widespread ways in recent years around the world to treat Alzheimer’s symptoms and control its symptoms as much as possible.
Therapeutic program and appropriate conditions for it:
For whom this treatment:
This method can usually be used for mild to moderate-grade Alzheimer’s patients.
Objective and desired result:
The goal is to help Alzheimer’s patients develop and maintain their mental and physical abilities.
Method of treatment :
- Ultrasound pulses are delivered outside the patient’s body to reach areas of the brain that require treatment.
- It is a treatment method that does not require hospitalization and can be performed on an outpatient basis.
- It is a risk-free non-surgical treatment option:
- The patient can resume his normal life immediately after the sessions are completed.
- One treatment session usually lasts an average of 30 minutes, and the patient’s treatment program, consists of 6 sessions spread over two weeks.
How transcranial pulse stimulation effect appears:
- Stimulate mechanically sensitive ion channels.
- Nitric oxide (NO) is a gas that causes vasodilation, increased metabolic activity and angiogenesis, and acts as an anti-inflammatory.
- Stimulate vascular growth factors (VEGF).
- Stimulate neurotrophic factor BDNF (brain-device)
- Stem cell migration and differentiation.
When results generally begin to appear :
In mild to moderate, cases, Alzheimer’s patients usually show a 10% improvement in CERAD score in less than two weeks, as well as significant gains in guidance, self-awareness and the patient’s overall mental health.
How can I start a treatment plan:
You can now communicate with our medical team directly via WhatsApp or any means of Communication available to us through our official website or social media accounts to assess the case directly and determine the most appropriate treatment steps and plan according to the patient’s condition and degree of illness as well as doctor’s evaluation of it. The treatment plan is usually determined for two weeks on average 6 sessions as mentioned earlier and dates and other details are specified with a detailed report to help you in all subsequent steps, which ensure a comfortable access and a suitable treatment plan for the best possible results.
Is a brain stimulation therapy plan safe:
Yes in general it is safe and has no side effects as a patient undergoing brain stimulation sessions can return to their normal life immediately after treatment.
Some of the less common side effects boil down to a mild headache or heaviness in the head that is usually only in the scalp and goes away within as little as 20 minutes on average.